Man I read and heard some wonderful news in the VR department today!!! Let me break it down:
- Sony has filed three patents for a glove controller that would track individual finger positioning, include contact sensors, and send data back to the headset display so what your hands are doing is reflected on-screen in real time. Pretty much their glove will be a modern version of the Power Glove Nintendo once had. I can’t wait to buy two of those. One for Playstation VR and the other so I can say “I have the POWER!!!!”
- Microsoft’s HoloLens dev kit is open today and the price to tinker around with the kit is $3,000. Not to bad to say the least but the dev kit also includes Young Conker, Fragments and RoboRaid. We may have to wait and see what developers will be able to do but I’m just happy because the hololens maybe able to turn your living room into a video game or be able to have your long distance friends in the same room with you. I see so much potential.
- HTC Vive virtual reality device for an expected early April delivery. Steam looks like they’re about to kick off the VR game in April (a month after the Oculus Rift) but will the $799 price scare people off and send them to the Oculus Rift $599 price? Although don’t forget to check your PC to see if it’s ready for VR in general, and you can do that buy downloading “The SteamVR Performance Test measures your system’s rendering power using a 2-minute sequence from Valve’s Aperture Robot Repair VR demo.” Here’s the link: VR Test
I can’t believe 2016, hell I can’t believe March is when VR will be kicking off. I mean I can’t wait to try the Oculus Rift again. Just remember what we discuss on episode 18 make sure your computer has the basics if not then it’s time for an upgrade.
Source: Playstation VR Glove
Source: Hololens Dev Kit
Source: HTC Vive
So for those who don’t know a leaker calling himself ‘Geno’ has some serious claims on what the Nintendo NX not only looks like but what the system will do. Here’s what Geno says the NX will be capable of:
- It has a wireless HDMI dongle that attaches flush to the back of the device. You can pull it out and insert it into any display with a normal sized HDMI output.
- The device uses an evolved version of the Wii U’s streaming tech to display in HD on the TV screen.
- Analog controls for movement have small motors in them for full haptic feedback (e.g. if you control a character and hit a wall, the sticks move away from the wall to simulate hitting it)
- Bluetooth synch with tons of devices is supported, including smartphones and tablets.
- You can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto NX screen(s).
- It is closest to the Xbox One in terms of power.
- All tech involved uses the exact same hardware layout as the PS4 and Xbox One
- Any game that can run on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One can easily run on the NX with almost no modifications required. This is even more true if the game runs on Android OS or Unreal Engine 4. One third-party developer said “it’s the easiest device we’ve ever developed for. You just take your code, compile it and it works.”
- We should look to Pokémon GO to get an idea of the type of social features that will be in NX.
- It will take multiplayer, AR, and the StreetPass concept to a whole new level.
- The strengths of the device are its usability and ease of use.
- Devs describe it visually and functionally as “as if Samsung and the Nintendo 2DS had a baby.”
- It looks friendly, but unlike what most people believe a Nintendo device to typically look like.
- The operating system, named NintendOS, is very powerful and has many modern features of mobile operating systems.
- Nintendo is trying to be very careful in showing it off for fear that it would be mistaken as running Android.
- Very strong networking functions, as it ties into multiple devices and services. This allows for a very competent and pervasive eco-system designed to constantly involve the consumer’s life.
The thing that shocks me is the fact that you’ll be able to play PS4 or Xbox One games on the NX. I mean that’s pretty huge! I’m curious how Nintendo plans to pull this off, or Microsoft and Sony agree to this. I’m not 100% sure this is real since I don’t know this Geno guy but supposedly people believe this guy since he including the existence of Microsoft’s Illumiroom, that the PlayStation 4 would be capable of running modern-day graphics on its hardware, and new Pokémon types and forms in Pokémon X and Y, so it seems he has a good track record I guess. Anyways guys let me know what you think. DO you believe this to be true because I hope so.
Sorry for the silence since episode 17. I’ve been busy with a few projects, and ideas that I have for the podcast. Anyways let get to the good part of the post. I got episode 18 ready!!!!!!
Hello fellow gamers! Today we talk about Lupe beating Daigo, Street Fighter 5 review, music we enjoyed from sound test, treasure hunt games we found, VR and how you can prepare your pc to handle its power, ESPOOOOORRRTTTSS!!!!, and we talk about the kojima and del toro interview.
Good morning fellow gamers!!! I know a few of you are trying to find the indie games I mention on itch.io, so I figure I give you the links:
Also if you want to listen to the Dirge of Cerbus soundtrack:
Okay enjoy guys and we’ll be recording this Sunday. Enjoy your day!!!!!!
What up fellow gamers!!! Today we talk about EA, Nintendo NX, Gamestop taking over the world, are new national anthem, stories of the games we played, some wonderful soundtracks, and kicking people and raging out in a suburban neighborhood.
Anyways guys the episode, and of course write in and let us know what you think or just say hi.