Uncover The Truth Edition
In our “It’s All About the Hype” segment, we talk about the Dunkey video about Game Critics & if what he said is true. Then we talk about Project To Curate A Thousand Small Indie Games, Top Minecraft YouTuber Quits Channel Because He Doesn’t Want To Be A “Fake Piece of Shit”, Pokémon McFlurries, Super Mario Odyssey doesn’t have a Game Over screen, and 15-Year-Old’s Reaction To Winning Her First Street Fighter V Tournament Is Everything. Then in Indie Radar we talk about Arbiter from Jordan Scott and Super Rad Raygun from Rooster Teeth Games, and in True Story Efocutioner talks about how some Heartless gave him a surprise scare in Kingdom Hearts 1.5 on PS4. All that and more on this week episode of The Chronicles of Gamers.
It’s All About the Hype:
- Super Mario Odyssey doesn’t have a Game Over screen
- Top Minecraft YouTuber Quits Channel Because He Doesn’t Want To Be A “Fake Piece of Shit”
- 15-Year-Old’s Reaction To Winning Her First Street Fighter V Tournament Is Everything
- Game Critics Dunkey video
- I Don’t Follow Dunkey’s Contradictory Arguments About Video Game Critics
- Dan Stapleton opinion on the video
- Chloi associate editor at IGN
- Susan Arendt opinion on the video
- Mike Rougeau Senior Editor / entertainment at Game Spot
- nathan grayson opinion on the video
- Liz Ryerson opinion on the video
- Is there a list of all the “gamers are dead” articles?
- Gamers Are Dead articles
- Patricia Hernandez deputy editor of kotaku
- ‘Gamers’ don’t have to be your audience. ‘Gamers’ are over.
- A Guide to Ending “Gamers”
- Why does the term ‘gamer’ feel important?
- We Might Be Witnessing The ‘Death of An Identity’
- Gaming Journalism Is Over
- The death of the “gamers” and the women who “killed” them
- Is YouTube killing the traditional games press?
- Who Else Is Being Paid To Review Video Games? Conan O’Brien
- Warner Bros. paid YouTubers for positive game reviews
- Someone has to check a review before it’s released onto the internet. My argument can be that it’s not that these big sites are being paid for reviews but more if that certain company for example IGN tends to give negative reviews to for example bethesda games then bethesda knows not to give a free copy of their game to IGN.
- Sources: Konami Asked ‘Metal Gear Solid 4’ Reviewers Not To Mention Cut Scene Length And Installation Time
- Vincent Ingenito
- These Pokémon McFlurries sound mostly terrible (update)
- Project To Curate A Thousand Small Indie Games Is Finally Complete
- Why the developer of Inside and Limbo formed a new indie game studio