Stories Never Die Edition
On today episode we have a guest… Ted Edwards aka the head honcho of Alien Genome. We learn about what made him start his journey into making education / exciting video game content and then we go into loot boxes, David Ballard being sexually harassed at naughty dog, EA shutting down Visceral Games, Ages of Empire delayed 2 days before original release, Chroma Squad, our long list of video games ost. Then finally we rap it up with talking about when we became true gamers in True Story. All that and more on this episode of The Chronicles of Gamers . Enjoy…
It’s All About the Hype:
- ESRB Says It Doesn’t See ‘Loot Boxes’ As Gambling
- Behind the addictive psychology and seductive art of loot boxes
- The psychology of gambling
- Blizzard reveals Overwatch loot box drop rates in China
- Gamers: Why does every game these days have Loot Boxes?
- Fall Loot Box Glut Leads To Widespread Alarm
- Gamestop Facebook page name-drops Ol’ Jim. Proceeds to post a a four-or-so paragraph defense.
- You’re Making Star Wars Battlefront II Better since it’s pay to play
- Here’s the deal with Assassin’s Creed Origins in-game loot chests
- Petition Seeks Response From British Parliament Regarding Loot Box Gambling
- Activision Blizzard just had its best year ever, thanks largely to Blizzard
- U.K. lawmaker gets involved in loot-box controversy
- David Ballard being sexually harassed at naughty dog before leaving
- EA shutting down Visceral Games, overhauling Star Wars game
- What’s the status of EA’s Star Wars games?
- EA Says They’re Not Killing Single-Player Games
- EA: Single-Player Games Are ‘Finished’
- EA’s New Empire: An Interview With Peter Moore
- Dead Space 2 cost $60 million to make and 4 million sales “weren’t enough”
- The Strange, Scary, Fascinating, Exciting Future of Video Games, According to A Giant
- Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider all million-sellers, but miss sales targets
- Zach Wilson, who worked at Visceral talks about developing Dead Space 2 on twitter
- Dead Space 1 Writer Says Dead Space 3’s Action Focus Was A ‘Necessary Evil’
- EAâ??s leap of faith
- Age of Empires Definitive Edition: DELAYED 2 days before release WTF!!
- Why announce 2 days before when they knew
- Delayed 6 months